QIIME 1 Script Equivalent in QIIME 2 - summarize_taxa.py, alpha_diversity.py, beta_diversity.py

I'm carrying out diversity and relative abundance analysis on a 16S sequenced dataset that I have run through the dada2 pipeline to create the OTU table - DADA2 Pipeline Tutorial (1.16)

and converted it to the hdf5 .biom format - Converting between file formats — biom-format.org

The problem I am running it is that team I am working with are still operating on qiime 1 and have not upgraded, and am having trouble finding tutorials for the specific analysis I am doing. As a work around was able to run qiime 1 on a virtual machine but that is not a good long term strategy.

Can anybody point me in the direction of tutorials to run the equivalent of the summarize_taxa.py, alpha_diversity.py, and beta_diversity.py scripts found here - QIIME Scripts — Homepage in qiime 2?

1 Like

Hello Conor,

The scripts of Qiime1 have been replaced by Qiime2 "plugins", and you can see all the core plugins here.

Most names are the same, but some are a little different:

We also have community-made plugins that extend Qiime2 in useful ways.

And, of course, let us know if you have any questions!

Welcome to Qiime2! :qiime2:

P.S. If you haven't found these already, check out the comprehensive tutorials for examples of how to use these plugins to process data.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.