Emperor Plot not Displaying

Hello everyone! Not sure if this would be considered a 'bug' report. I've been trying to visualise my PCOA plots on Emperor. It loads fine when I drop the qzv or use 'qiime tools view', but gets stuck at the display of the attached image. Screenshot from 2020-02-04 16-50-17|689x408

It was working until the past hour. Anyone else experiencing the same? Cheers!

Hi @YinXun,

Using this same exact file? Try closing down extraneous windows or processes you have running... your computer is likely running out of memory, causing this to lag. Alternatively, if this is not a file you've opened before it is probably a large file and it is taking a long time/lots of memory to load.

1 Like

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for the response! Yes, it’s with the same exact file with the same processes running on my computer. For some odd reason, it still doesn’t seem to load. I’ve also tried it with other emperor plots, but have the same sort of lag. It’s only with Emperor but not other qzv files.

Hi @YinXun,
Yep, this sounds like maybe you just have too many processes running and emperor can't load (it takes a fair amount of resources). Shut down other processes or restart your computer and try again. Please give that a try before proceeding.

Alternatively, if you recently updated your browser another issue could be afoot. Check out these related topics — I don't think they describe the same issue you are seeing, but they are possible explanations to explore if my theory does not pan out:

1 Like