RAREFIED TABLE-prior to assigning guilds

Yes, the exact same error. The EcM taxa only contains a few of the taxa, I believe is the EcM only, but I will double check.

Here are the files requested
taxonomy.qza (351.7 KB)

EcM-data.txt (21.1 KB)
taxonomy-table.qza (240.0 KB)

Copy of error I received the second time around, sorry I didn't add it previously.

Followed by an extensive long list of taxa.

Hi @Fabs,
It looks like the feature table you are filtering is already collapsed. So that can be filtered using qiime feature-table filter-features using the EcM metadata file, but not qiime taxa filter-table. The latter has a non-collapsed feature table as input (the idea being that you can filter out any feature based on its taxonomy affiliation in taxonomy.qza, rather than filtering based on the feature ID… so you can retain the raw ASVs which is maybe better in this case).

Just to understand, which one do you think is better for me to use, the taxa filtering? If so, I will do that now, I somehow just thought that the ID on the table needed to match the metadata so I collapsed the table.

Sorry if I gave that impression somewhere above.

Yes, it does need to match for the metadata-based filtering in qiime feature-table filter-features.

No, it does not for qiime taxa filter-table because the taxonomy.qza file contains the taxonomy information that is used for assessing filtering criteria.

I'd suggest the latter (taxa filter-table) because you can work with the original ASVs if you want to (as opposed to only working on a collapsed table) and because you have already been working on that approach and you are so close!

It was my fault, I just assumed that to filter anything, the ID had to match so that qiime2 would pick it up.

So after running this code, I get the following error:

qiime taxa filter-table
–i-table table.qza
–i-taxonomy taxonomy.qza
–p-include EcM-data.txt
–p-mode exact
–o-filtered-table EcM-table.qza
–verbose

File “/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2018.6/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2cli/commands.py”, line 274, in call
results = action(**arguments)
File “”, line 2, in filter_table
File “/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2018.6/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/action.py”, line 232, in bound_callable
output_types, provenance)
File “/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2018.6/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/action.py”, line 367, in callable_executor
output_views = self._callable(**view_args)
File “/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2018.6/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2_taxa/_method.py”, line 93, in filter_table
raise ValueError("All features were filtered, resulting in an "
ValueError: All features were filtered, resulting in an empty table.

Plugin error from taxa:
** All features were filtered, resulting in an empty table.**
See above for debug info.

I will do some research in the meantime and see if I can figure it out before you get back to me.

So after looking online to try to figure out what is going on I decided to try qiime feature-table filter-features. Using this method worked, but if you could still tell me how to get the taxa filter-table, that would be great.

I do have an additional question for you, not sure if I should ask here, or create another string.

I will do the diversity metrics on the new table, and realized that I use the same rep-seqs.qza file created by DADA2 which is used for the phylogeny tree and downstream metrics. I saw your post here, which seems as if the unwanted samples will be dropped from the analysis, is this correct? If not, do I also have to filter the rep-seqs.qza prior to running phylogeny tree?

Glad to hear you found a filtering method that works for you!

I think the command you are using above should work, except that you need to use the feature table that has NOT been collapsed on taxonomy (i.e., the feature IDs should match the feature IDs in taxonomy.qza)

please open a new topic for that question — I will gladly answer, but the new topic makes it easier for other readers to find questions similar to their own! Thanks :grin:

I actually figured it out based on one of your previous post. thanks :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.