Q2_taxa barplot color schematic help

Hello,

I have filtered my feature table by experimental group and created various taxa bar plots based on these groups. However the colors for the taxa are inconsistent between groups. Do you know how I can maintain the same color scheme each time I run qiime taxa barplot? Greatly appreciate the help.

Best,
Victoria

Hi @Victoria_Ruiz! Unfortunately we don’t currently have support for this level of control, but, it is on our radar! We will update this thread when that becomes available. In the meantime, you might be able to get by with exporting your barplot as SVG (there is a download button there), and then recoloring in a tool like Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape). Sorry I don’t have better news for you. Thanks! :t_rex:

1 Like

Hey @Victoria_Ruiz!

Since it sounds like your data are all in the same feature table, I’d recommend (until custom coloring is in place) that you make one big, happy bar plot, order columns by experimental group, and then chop that plot up in Adobe Illustrator or similar. Sorry there isn’t a more convenient option right now!

1 Like

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the suggestion. Once I generate the taxa bar blot for level 7 it cannot be downloaded. Are there any other options? Thanks for the help.

Best,
Victoria

Hm. That's strange — is that just level 7 or all levels? Just to be sure, are you running the latest version of QIIME2? (2018.2)

The top of the visualization should look like this:

In the top-left corner there should be different download options. If that's missing (or don't work), could you please tell us the version of QIIME2 that you are running, and maybe give a screen shot of what you are seeing? (and/or just send us the visualization so we can check. You can send via DM if you don't wish to post your data here for all the world to see :floppy_disk: :eyes:)

Aha! I’ve discussed with @thermokarst, and he realized that this is a known bug — it actually has to do with download size limits on chrome. So the small file (L4) works fine, but the large file (L7) is too big. Opening the QZV and downloading in firefox should do the trick.

Let us know if that helps!

It worked thank you!! Just wanted to let you know that I have noticed I cannot download CSVs with firefox I have to use chrome.

Thanks again for the help. Hope all is well.

Best,
Victoria

1 Like

Hi @Victoria_Ruiz - what do you mean when you say you cannot download CSVs with firefox? Do they open in a new tab? I just tested this out using the Moving Pictures example in Firefox 58 and the download as CSV button worked as expected (opens a download dialog), when I save it I get a CSV file that looks something like this:

Maybe you could attach a screenshot of the issue, and the exact steps necessary to reproduce? Thanks, we will get to the bottom of this! :t_rex:

Thank you. I realized I had to change my browser and it works. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.