Pathway abundance barplot after q2-picrust2 tutorial

Hello,

I did the (q2-picrust2-Tutorial) and got the pathway_abundance.qza, ko_metagenome.qza, ec_metagenome.qza files.
I used table.qza as the input file.(FeatureTable[Frequency] qza file)

Now I just want to make barplots for level 1, 2 and 3 pathways. (e. g. relative abundance barplot)

I want to create a pathway abundance barplot (*.qzv) with the pathway_abundance.qza file, but taxonomy.qza is required as an input file.

In the q2-picrust2 Tutorial, there is no process to create taxonomy.qza, and it is not possible to create a pathway abundance barplot with taxonomy.qza obtained from the existing qiime2 moving picture tutorial.

In this case, what method can I use to create the pathway abundance barplot?

Hello and welcome to the forum!

First of all, I would like to note that posts from all newly registered users require approval from moderators and therefore posted with some delay, so there is no need to duplicate posts.

Regarding your question. To create taxabarplots with function predictions, you can create a mock taxonomy.qza file. It can be done by creating a .tsv file with 2 columns, "FeatureID" and "Taxon". Let's assume that level 3 is a level with highest resolution (as in your feature table) and 2 and 1 are levels with lower categories. So, "FeatureID" should contain IDs from your feature table, meanwhile "Taxon" should consist of following strings for each ID: 1;2;3, where level 3 is actually ID itself. Then import this tsv file as taxonomy.qza (check "Importing data" tutorial).

1 Like