Issues while trying to import Roche454 data

Hello,
I’m trying to import some Roche454 data into QIIME2 to run dada2 denoise-pyro, and I followed the procedure suggested here, with a QIIME virtual machine, exactly as suggested.

However, when I try to run split_sequence_file_on_sample_ids.py , rather than generating just as many .fastq files as my samples are, thousands of them are generated, apparently as many as my headers in the .fastq file are!
How to solve this?

Also, if I try to skip this step, and just use convert_fastaqual_fastq.py without performing the next split_sequence_file_on_sample_ids.py, and use try to import the resulting .fastq file in QIIME2, that’s what I get.

> There was a problem importing /home/genomica/DATA/metagenomica/Bactrocera/analisi/1.TCA.454Reads.fastq:
**> **
> /home/genomica/DATA/metagenomica/Bactrocera/analisi/1.TCA.454Reads.fastq is not a(n) SingleEndFastqManifestPhred33 file:
**> **
> Found header on line 1 with the following labels: [’@JRZDOHC01BEIGF’], expected: [‘sample-id’, ‘absolute-filepath’, ‘direction’]

Can anyone help me here? Thanks in advance.

Solved. It turned out I had to use the seqs.fna and seqs.qual files generated from split_libraries.py rather than merging my input files by hand.
Sorry!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.