Heatmap SVG file not downloading

Hello,
I am trying to download a SVG file for the heatmap I made using qiime feature-table heatmap command. when I click the icon to download the SVG file, it opens a new link and does not download the file. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like

Hello @astro-89!

Does this mean it opens in a new tab? If so, that makes sense - some browsers have different behavior when it comes to this kind of thing. If that is what happens, you can just right click the image in the new tab and save it. If this isn't the case, can you please send some screenshots of what you are seeing? Thanks! :t_rex:

Hi thermokarst,
Thanks for your response! So when I ask it to create a svg file, it does indeed open a new tab which looks like this:

When I right click to save image as, it results in a message that says, "failed - no file"09 PM

Let me know if you would like any more details.
Thanks!

Hi @astro-89! Are you using q2view, or are you using qiime tools view to look at this visualization? What browsers (and their versions) have you tried this with?

As a quick workaround, you can export the viz and grab the SVG from there.

I have been using q2view in Google Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Your suggestion to try exporting the visualization worked, thank you! However, while I am on this note, I am not super familiar with working with SVG files. Do you have suggestions for programs to edit the visualizations in? For example, if I wanted to change the font size or type, how would I go about it? So far I have played around using the program called Gapplin, but it is cumbersome. Thanks for your suggestions and help!

Adobe Illustrator and Inkscape should both work for SVG.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.