Exporting data to excel

Hello!
I followed the exporting data tutorial to convert a qzv file to the BIOM format and I got a folder with 8 .jsonp files.
Could you advise me on how to move forward with them and convert them to .csv or an excel friendly file?
Thank you!

(qiime2-2017.7) MacBook-Pro-de-Malena-2:Secondtrial mae$ qiime tools export taxa-bar-plots.qzv --output-dir exported-taxa-bar-plots
(qiime2-2017.7) MacBook-Pro-de-Malena-2:Secondtrial mae$

I tried the command biom convert.
The following occurred:

(qiime2-2017.7) MacBook-Pro-de-Malena-2:Secondtrial mae$ cd exported-taxa-bar-plots/
(qiime2-2017.7) MacBook-Pro-de-Malena-2:exported-taxa-bar-plots mae$ biom convert -i lvl-1.jsonp -o lvl-1.tsv --to-tsv
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/mae/Desktop/Shell/ENTER/envs/qiime2-2017.7/lib/python3.5/site-packages/biom_format-2.1.5-py3.5-macosx-10.6-x86_64.egg/biom/parse.py", line 654, in load_table
    table = parse_biom_table(fp)
  File "/Users/mae/Desktop/Shell/ENTER/envs/qiime2-2017.7/lib/python3.5/site-packages/biom_format-2.1.5-py3.5-macosx-10.6-x86_64.egg/biom/parse.py", line 408, in parse_biom_table
    t = Table.from_tsv(fp, None, None, lambda x: x)
  File "/Users/mae/Desktop/Shell/ENTER/envs/qiime2-2017.7/lib/python3.5/site-packages/biom_format-2.1.5-py3.5-macosx-10.6-x86_64.egg/biom/table.py", line 3893, in from_tsv
    t_md_name) = Table._extract_data_from_tsv(lines, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/mae/Desktop/Shell/ENTER/envs/qiime2-2017.7/lib/python3.5/site-packages/biom_format-2.1.5-py3.5-macosx-10.6-x86_64.egg/biom/table.py", line 4009, in _extract_data_from_tsv
    md_name = header[-1]
IndexError: list index out of range

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/mae/Desktop/Shell/ENTER/envs/qiime2-2017.7/bin/biom", line 6, in <module>
    sys.exit(biom.cli.cli())
  File "/Users/mae/Desktop/Shell/ENTER/envs/qiime2-2017.7/lib/python3.5/site-packages/click/core.py", line 722, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/mae/Desktop/Shell/ENTER/envs/qiime2-2017.7/lib/python3.5/site-packages/click/core.py", line 697, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "/Users/mae/Desktop/Shell/ENTER/envs/qiime2-2017.7/lib/python3.5/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1066, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/Users/mae/Desktop/Shell/ENTER/envs/qiime2-2017.7/lib/python3.5/site-packages/click/core.py", line 895, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "/Users/mae/Desktop/Shell/ENTER/envs/qiime2-2017.7/lib/python3.5/site-packages/click/core.py", line 535, in invoke
    return callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/mae/Desktop/Shell/ENTER/envs/qiime2-2017.7/lib/python3.5/site-packages/biom_format-2.1.5-py3.5-macosx-10.6-x86_64.egg/biom/cli/table_converter.py", line 114, in convert
    table = load_table(input_fp)
  File "/Users/mae/Desktop/Shell/ENTER/envs/qiime2-2017.7/lib/python3.5/site-packages/biom_format-2.1.5-py3.5-macosx-10.6-x86_64.egg/biom/parse.py", line 656, in load_table
    raise TypeError("%s does not appear to be a BIOM file!" % f)
TypeError: lvl-1.jsonp does not appear to be a BIOM file!
(qiime2-2017.7) MacBook-Pro-de-Malena-2:exported-taxa-bar-plots mae$ 

Thanks for your help!

Hi @malenaamer — I am afraid you can’t extract data (generally speaking) from QIIME 2 visualizations. If you want a BIOM file of your feature table, please take a look at the Exporting Tutorial! Once you have exported the BIOM file, you can use the biom convert ... command you provided above to convert to a TSV file. Good luck, and let us know if you run into any problems!

Hi!
I'm trying to figure out what file (.qza) can I convert to get the taxa-bar-plots.qzv information. Looking at the Provenance, it comes from the table.qza and taxonomy.qza files.
I noticed that in the new Tutorial version 7 the taxa-bar-plots.qzv can be directly exported to Excel from the view page, but with my file it´s not possible (I used version 4).

Will I be able to do it if I generate the files again using the later version?? And from which step would I need to repeat?

Ok I repeated the step where we generate the taxa-bar-plots.qzv file with the latest version and it worked, I could export directly from the View page to a CSV file.
:slight_smile:
I like the new version!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.