Canonical Correspondence Analysis

Hello,

I’m wondering if there are plans to add a canonical correspondence analysis to the diversity plugin. It would be great for the pcoa skeptics :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Esra

2 Likes

Hi @emescioglu, thanks for the suggestion! I have opened up an issue for this, that way it is on our radar! If you are interested in contributing this feature, we would love to assist with that (if this isn’t in your wheelhouse, no worries, just thought I would extend an invitation!). Stay tuned! :t_rex:

1 Like

I wish I could contribute, but I’m a CS newbie. However, I do know that ca/cca/dca are all supported with an R package called ‘vegan’. Here is a link to the vegan tutorial, in case this helps!

Esra

1 Like

It would be very good to add all those methods like NMDS, RDA, CCA, CAP, adnois in QIIME2. Generally, ecologist use Canoco, Primer, vegan, PAST to do these analysis. Canoco and Primer are commercial software. We indeed need the open source alternatives. Anybody would like to contribute are appreciated.

2 Likes

@emescioglu, @biofuture I would highly encourage either of you to give this a stab. We have already implemented RDA and CCA in scikit-bio here.

Also keep in mind that developing qiime2 plugins is not exclusive to those CS oriented. Plugin development was designed to be super easy – it need at most 50 lines of code for everything. If anything it is a good starting point.

4 Likes