Available: Pre-trained classifier of V3-V4 (341F, 805R) region with gg_99

Hi folks,

In case anyone is interested I have a pretrained classifier on the V3-V4 region using the following primers:
341F: CCTACGGGNGGCWGCAG
805R: GACTACHVGGGTATCTAATCC
The primer set is taken from Illumina’s 16S library preparation protocol.

It was trained using the Greengenes 99_otu_taxonomy.txt using naive bayes method on qiime2017.12, its about 44MB.
If this is something you’d like to use let me know!
-Bod

16 Likes

Hi Bod,

I’m interested in the V3-V4 classifier you used. I have exactly the same primers pair in my data. I would also like to take a look on the commands you used, so I can try to reproduce it in my computer from the gg-13-8 full-length sequences database.

Thank you very much in advance!

ju4n

1 Like

Hi @ju4n_dc,

Here is a dropbox link to the classifier to download, let me know if you run into any problems. You can follow the exact commands within the provenance in the file to see what was exactly done.
Hope this helps!

-Bod

1 Like

Thanks Bod! It worked OK.

ju4n

1 Like

An off-topic reply has been split into a new topic: How to read provenance in an artifact file?

Please keep replies on-topic in the future.

2 off-topic replies have been split into a new topic: The scikit-learn version (0.19.1) used to generate this artifact does not match the current version of scikit-learn installed (0.20.2)

Please keep replies on-topic in the future.

A post was split to a new topic: V3V4 trim length and length parameters for extract-reads

2 posts were split to a new topic: How to obtain an updated V3-V4 99 greengenes feature classifier

5 posts were split to a new topic: Read length selection during extraction from reference databases

2 posts were split to a new topic: Should I use aligned or non-aliged representative sequences to train my own classifier

Hi Estaki, Can I have the trained classifier based on the 341F and 806R primer set? The Dropbox link is not working

Sayada