Virtual Machine Tutorial Mistake?

Hello, I think this belongs here, but I’m not 100%.

I was updating my QIIME2 VM and noticed that the shared folder heading part of the tutorial is now named “Optional: Shared Folders and Copy-and-Paste” however in no part of the tutorial does it show you how to set up C&P’ing between VM and host machines.

Hopefully it can be added as its no hassle and would help new users a lot I am sure.

Jono

1 Like

Thanks for the note @Micro_Biologist! Copy-and-paste should actually be enabled by default after installing the guest additions, although I have noticed that that has varied in the past with different versions of VBox. Either way, I have opened an issue for us to expand this text in the docs in the future. If you are interested in submitting a Pull Request to add this change, we would love that! If not, no worries, someone will take a look at it at some point. Thanks! :t_rex:

Sorry I’m not sure what you mean by pull request?

I am happy to quickly write a text (and possibly picture) tutorial on how to do this should it not be enabled by default?

https://help.github.com/articles/about-pull-requests/

Pull Requests are how we communicate with the development team about proposed changes to the QIIME 2 code, including documentation.

For reference, here was the original Pull Request that introduced the Virtual Machines section of the QIIME 2 docs:

Thanks! :t_rex:

QIIME 2 2017.12 is now out and includes several updates to the VirtualBox installation docs!

1 Like