Unable to filter reads of particular length

Dear All
I am using qiime2 for analysing my 16S rRNA gene sequence data (single end), generated from IonS5 sequencer. I want to select reads of particular length (200 - 300 bps) for my further analysis. But I am unable to do so during sequence quality control and feature table construction using DADA2. Could you please suggest the best way to do it. Also, if possible suggest the same for Debular as well.
I have used this command as mentioned below

qiime dada2 denoise-single --i-demultiplexed-seqs demux.qza --p-trunc-len 200 --p-trim-left 0 --o-representative-sequences rep-seqs-dada2.qza --o-table table-dada2.qza --output-dir dada2-dmx-pe_data

Hi @himadri2007 ,

There is a QIIME 2 plugin called RESCRIPt (which needs to be installed separately, follow instructions at the link below). It has an action for filtering sequences by both minimum and maximum lengths:

This will need to be run after denoising, however, so may or may not help your use case.

This will truncate all reads at position 200, and filter out any that are shorter. But indeed this will not filter out reads that are too long (it will only trim them).

Good luck!

Hi @Nicholas_Bokulich

Thank you so much for your suggestion I will use the RESCRIPt for filtering the sequences.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.