Trying to extract reads and it's taking a VERY long time

Hello QIIME users,

Since Wednesday (8/25/21) afternoon, I've been trying to extract reads to create an amplicon-specific classifier for the nifH gene. These reference reads were imported from NCBI using RESCRIPT, after which I culled, filtered, and dereplicated the dataset, until I got the file attached (see below). I also used the following script to extract my reads based on the IGK3/DVV primer set:

qiime feature-classifier extract-reads
--i-sequences /home/qiime2/Desktop/PostImportednifH_Ben/ncbi-refseqs-cleaned-filt-derep-99-uniq.qza
--p-f-primer GCNWTHTAYGGNAARGGNGGNATHGGNAA
--p-r-primer ATNGCRAANCCNCCRCANACNACRTC
--o-reads /home/qiime2/Desktop/PostImportednifH_Ben/nifH-NCBI-seqs-IGK3f-DVVr.qza

At the moment, this code is still running (white bar is still flashing), yet the code has been running for almost 48 hours. Based on the size of the file, and assuming I didn't make a mistake with my code, does it make sense that it's taking this long?

Any help would be greatly appreciated![ncbi-refseqs-cleaned-filt-derep-99-uniq.qza|attachment]ncbi-refseqs-cleaned-filt-derep-99-uniq.qza (765.8 KB)

An off-topic reply has been merged into an existing topic: Using RESCRIPt to create an amplicon specific classifier with NCBI data

Please keep replies on-topic in the future.