Trouble import demux'ed samples with underscores

I have demultiplexed files with underscores in the samples names (e.g., "CNC_15_4_R1...") importing using the fastq manifest format for Phred33. After importing, all of my "CNC_XX_XX_R1..." files show up as a single "CNC" in the visualization (see provenance). SOS

paired_demux.qzv (282.1 KB)

1 Like

Hi @Jenna_Shelton! You identified a bug in qiime demux summarize where sample IDs with underscores are truncated (and one of the corresponding sequence files is arbitrarily used as the truncated ID’s data). I’ve created a bug report so we can get this fixed in an upcoming release.

For now, I recommend renaming the sample IDs to not include underscores and re-importing that data. In order to avoid the bug you’ll need to rename both the sample IDs in the fastq manifest as well as the .fastq filenames on disk. Sorry for the inconvenience!

The bug was fixed and will be included in the upcoming QIIME 2 2017.7 release. Thanks for reporting the issue!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.