The following IDs are not present in the metadata

Hi everyone!

I'm using qiime2 - 2022.2 and there's a Plugin error that made me stuck in this step.

This is the command I've trying to run:

qiime feature-table summarize \
  --i-table Feature-taxon-genus-table.qza \
  --o-visualization Feature-taxon-genus-table.qzv \
  --m-sample-metadata-file Metadata.txt

The result:

Plugin error from feature-table:

** The following IDs are not present in the metadata: 'BA1.17', 'BA2.23', 'BA2.8', 'BAR1.13', 'BAR3.13', 'BAR3.17', 'BAR3.24', 'BAR3.25', 'BAR3.3', 'DE2.17', 'DE2.20', 'DE2.21', 'DE2.26', 'DE2.33', 'DE2.4', 'DE2.8', 'ED2.10', 'ED2.17', 'ED2.20', 'POR1.12', 'POR1.21', 'POR1.23', 'POR2.15', 'POR2.26'**

Debug info has been saved to /tmp/qiime2-q2cli-err-nulml1i6.log

I checked my metadata and my feature-table and I don't know where is the error.
I also run the qiime feature-table summarize without the m-sample-metadata-file Metadata.txt and I've got the qzv file:
Feature-taxon-genus-table.qzv (395.5 KB)

I tried to convert my metadata, using Notepad ++, from Windows (CLRF) to Linux (LF) like other threads had indicated : Error access Metadata Feature table
feature-table IDs are not present in the metadata - #2 by colinbrislawn

But the error is still happening

Here are my Metadata :
Metadata.txt (866 Bytes)

Thanks in advance,
João

Hi @joaomiranda,

Apologies for the delay in response on this! I am taking a look at this now, and will follow up shortly. Thanks!

Hi @joaomiranda,

Thanks for reaching out and for providing all of those details!

This is certainly interesting - it looks like every single ID within your metadata file isn't being recognized. I do wonder if it has something to do with the periods in your IDs (although we should allow periods) - could you share your original .qza file so I can run this on my end and take a closer look?

Thanks! :lizard:

Hi @lizgehret, sorry for the delay!

Curiously, I restarted qiime 2022.4 and it works :thinking:

I dont know what could happened, once my metadata and feature table looks like correct

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.