Taxa bar plot; Plugin error 'Float64Index'

Hi,

I am receiving an error message when I am trying to generate the interactive taxa bar plots

(qiime2-2018.2) hafwt20@bspc-15079l:~/Lyndsay/qiime_taxa$ qiime taxa barplot --i-table dada2-table.qza --i-taxonomy taxonomy.qza --m-metadata-file metadata.tsv --o-visualization taxa-bar-plots.qzv
Plugin error from taxa:

unhashable type: 'Float64Index'

Debug info has been saved to /tmp/qiime2-q2cli-err-ivj1qgkp.log

The debug info:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/hafwt20/anaconda3/envs/qiime2-2018.2/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2cli/commands.py", line 246, in call
results = action(**arguments)
File "", line 2, in barplot
File "/home/hafwt20/anaconda3/envs/qiime2-2018.2/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/action.py", line 228, in bound_callable
output_types, provenance)
File "/home/hafwt20/anaconda3/envs/qiime2-2018.2/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/action.py", line 424, in callable_executor
ret_val = self._callable(output_dir=temp_dir, **view_args)
File "/home/hafwt20/anaconda3/envs/qiime2-2018.2/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2_taxa/_visualizer.py", line 29, in barplot
collapsed_tables = _extract_to_level(taxonomy, table)
File "/home/hafwt20/anaconda3/envs/qiime2-2018.2/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2_taxa/_util.py", line 35, in _extract_to_level
collapsed_table = _collapse_table(table, taxonomy, level, max_obs_lvl)
File "/home/hafwt20/anaconda3/envs/qiime2-2018.2/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2_taxa/_util.py", line 25, in _collapse_table
return table.groupby(table.columns, axis=1).agg(sum)
File "/home/hafwt20/anaconda3/envs/qiime2-2018.2/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pandas/core/generic.py", line 5162, in groupby
**kwargs)
File "/home/hafwt20/anaconda3/envs/qiime2-2018.2/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pandas/core/groupby.py", line 1848, in groupby
return klass(obj, by, **kwds)
File "/home/hafwt20/anaconda3/envs/qiime2-2018.2/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pandas/core/groupby.py", line 516, in init
mutated=self.mutated)
File "/home/hafwt20/anaconda3/envs/qiime2-2018.2/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pandas/core/groupby.py", line 2921, in _get_grouper
if gpr in obj:
File "/home/hafwt20/anaconda3/envs/qiime2-2018.2/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pandas/core/generic.py", line 1075, in contains
return key in self._info_axis
File "/home/hafwt20/anaconda3/envs/qiime2-2018.2/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pandas/core/indexes/numeric.py", line 374, in contains
if super(Float64Index, self).contains(other):
File "/home/hafwt20/anaconda3/envs/qiime2-2018.2/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pandas/core/indexes/base.py", line 1694, in contains
hash(key)
File "/home/hafwt20/anaconda3/envs/qiime2-2018.2/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pandas/core/indexes/base.py", line 1721, in hash
raise TypeError("unhashable type: %r" % type(self).name)
TypeError: unhashable type: 'Float64Index'
I've looked at a previous post with a simillar issue but I'm not really sure how to try and fix this.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi @lec49! We have seen this error come up before (see here for open issue) - this happens when there are no overlapping feature ids between your feature table and you taxonomy. Double check those files to make sure that you aren’t provided a collapsed table as input. Was your taxonomy generated using the same rep-seqs that came from the same DADA2 run that your feature table came from? If you are are still having problems after looking into that, please send us links to download your input files necessary for us to re-run the failing command you provided about. Thanks! :t_rex:

Hi @thermokarst

Thanks for the reply. I have looked into this and the table is not collapsed. Yes everything was generated from the same rep-seqs. I have attached a link to the input files.

taxonomy.qza (43.9 KB)
metadata.tsv (264 Bytes)
dada2-table.qza (72.5 KB)

Hi @lec49!

I don't think that is the case - using provenance I just double checked - your table and your representative sequences came from two different DADA2 runs (actually, they came from two completely different data sets - see below):

feature table:

representative sequences:

Your trimming and truncation parameters are different between runs, which will impact the downstream artifacts.

Looking at the provenance, it looks like the table was generated from already demultiplexed paired-end data, while the representative sequences were generated from EMP-formatted single-end data that was demuxed in QIIME 2 (also, using a super old version of QIIME 2 - 2.0.6).

So, double check that your files are all in order, because it looks like you are mixing at least two different analyses here. Keep us posted!

PS - provenance is awesome! :t_rex: :t_rex: :t_rex:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.