Statistics on Taxonomy data

Dear All,
While QIIME2 has great statistical feature for alpha and beta diversity, which were not present in QIIME1.
I am curious if we can have the same for taxonomy. I wish I could have 2 things in taxonomy analysis.

1. taxonomy Bar plots per group and not per sample. Currently in moving picture tutorial command
    qiime taxa barplot
    gives only per samples barplot.

2. I wish we could have mean/median per group for each bacterial feature plus ANOVA/ Kruskal-Wallis test p value for each bacteria.

Hope I explained my problem.

Hi @drmusk both of these things exist and are described in the documentation.

Use qiime feature-table group to group your samples before making a barplot.

See ANCOM (in q2-composition). ANOVA and kruskal-wallis tests are NOT appropriate for microbiome data (relative abundance data breaks assumptions of independence and normality).

3 Likes

Dear Nicholas

Thanks for helping out. It worked.
I am doing analysis for more than 1 experiments. For my second experiment, I used qiime feature classifier to get taxonomy.qza
I am using Qiime2core2018.11 and therefore used previously downloaded gg-13-8-99-515-806-nb-classifier.qza file with Qiime2core2018-11.
Using the next 2 commands I got taxonomy.qzv and taxa-bar-plots.qzv
Surprisingly, in taxonomy.qzv and taxa-bar-plots.qzv I get only level 1 classification.
Kingdom Bacteria, Unknown. No phyla, class or other things. taxa-bar-plots.qzv (316.2 KB)

Please help. I am guessing that with QIIME2Core2018-11 qiime feature-classifier classify-sklearn didn't work well.

No, this is not an issue related to the classifier itself or with the version of QIIME 2 that you are running. When only kingdom level classification is achieved, it is a user error: you are using a classifier that is inappropriate for your data (e.g., wrong type of data or targeting the wrong site). This issue has been discussed several times on the forum, and I encourage you to search the archives on this topic for more advice on troubleshooting.

Good luck!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.