Something wrong when creating a classifier for taxonomic analysis

When I was running
qiime feature-classifier fit-classifier-naive-bays --i-reference-reads ref-seqs.qza --i-reference-taxonomy ref-taxonomy.qza --o-classifier gg_study1_classifier.qza
The following error came:
Plugin error from feature-classifier:
Debug info has been saved to /tmp/qiime2-q2cli-err-bi0wmcac.log
And here is the .log file:

Could anyone help?

If you read to the bottom of the log, you see that you have a MemoryError. Your computer does not have enough memory to train a new classifier.

This is a very common issue and has been covered many times on this forum — e.g., see this post for discussion and a potential solution.

I hope that helps!

Hi Bokulich,

Is this memory refers to internal or external memory? I have change the internal memory distributed to Qiime2 to 3GB, but the error still exists.

Best,
wym199633

Hi @wym199633,
3GB is usually not enough memory for training a classifier with most reference sequence databases. You should increase the amount of memory available (and move to a separate machine if necessary). You can check out other threads on this forum, e.g., the link I supplied above, for other advice on addressing this problem.

You can also try one of the other classifiers, e.g., classify-consensus-blast, which are less memory-intensive.

Good luck!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.