Sample labels on Emperor plots

Hi all!

Just wanted to suggest that it would be great to have the option back of adding sample labels in Emperor plots (i.e. each sphere/shape has its sample name/ID appearing next to it on the PCoA plot). We used to be able to do this in Qiime 1 and I found it to be a really helpful feature.

I really like some of the other features in the new Emperor such as the scree plot. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @Matilda_H-D! I have been trying to figure out a way to add this back in to the program in a reasonable way, but haven’t yet come up with any good implementation ideas. For the time being, and just in case you didn’t already know about this, you can click on individual samples to reveal their names.

I’ll keep this thread posted once I have more updates on the topic.

6 Likes

Thanks @yoshiki, I actually didn’t know that and it has made looking at my visualisations a lot easier! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Wow…I wish I knew this a year ago…

Dear Yoshikii,
any update on this functionality? It saves a lot of time!

Thanks for the support,
Christian

Hi @Christian_Milani, no updates on my end. Still working on other bug fixes and implementation of features. I’ll make sure to post an update here whenever I get a chance to implement this feature.

As a side-note: clicking on a sample will reveal its label on the bottom left and double-clicking the sample will copy the sample name to your clipboard.

Hi Yoshiki,

Is there any update on this feature? Its a really helpful one.

Thanks,
RP

Not yet @RosePaul, thanks for bringing this up. :+1:

3 Likes

Hello,
any update on this (sample labels) feature?
Thanks,
Khem

Hi @khemlalnirmalkar, I don’t think so, but you can double-check the Emperor Changelog, just in case:

2 Likes

Okay, Thanks for the link.