Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find an answer to my question before the topic expired.
Original post follows (Plugin error from feature-classifier: not enough values to unpack (expected 2, got 0))
Ok, so I’ve checked the forum and the closest thing I found to my issue was a conversation that was closed by the user before an answer was found. My error message is in the subject above.
–verbose reading is as follows:
(qiime2-2017.12) CNS-969348:ITSV1Manifest stinsonlab$ qiime feature-classifier fit-classifier-naive-bayes --i-reference-reads ref-seqs.qza --i-reference-taxonomy ref-taxonomy.qza --o-classifier classifier.qza --verbose
/Users/stinsonlab/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2_feature_classifier/classifier.py:101: UserWarning: The TaxonomicClassifier artifact that results from this method was trained using scikit-learn version 0.19.1. It cannot be used with other versions of scikit-learn. (While the classifier may complete successfully, the results will be unreliable.)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Users/stinsonlab/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2cli/commands.py”, line 224, in call
results = action(**arguments)
File “”, line 2, in fit_classifier_naive_bayes
File “/Users/stinsonlab/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/action.py”, line 228, in bound_callable
File “/Users/stinsonlab/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/action.py”, line 363, in callable_executor
output_views = self._callable(**view_args)
File “/Users/stinsonlab/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2_feature_classifier/classifier.py”, line 310, in generic_fitter
File “/Users/stinsonlab/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2_feature_classifier/_skl.py”, line 31, in fit_pipeline
y, X = list(zip(*data))
ValueError: not enough values to unpack (expected 2, got 0)
Plugin error from feature-classifier:
not enough values to unpack (expected 2, got 0)
See above for debug info.
I have been on this issue for multiple days now and I figured I’d reach out into the ether.
I suspect that the problem is with my tsv. I also tried running the file as txt but this didn’t seem to help.
I got a solution to the above post that the headers of the attached files didn't match. It's my understanding however that this step is to create a classifier so while the taxonomy file was downloaded from the ITS repository from the Unite site (UNITE - Resources) the sequences file are my data, so they wouldn't match.