Renaming demultiplexed sequences within artifact

Chalk this up to something I should probably know but don't.

I have a set of data that needs a complex id, which incorporates multiple delimiters. My initial plan (and the thing I implemented) was to use an underscore to delimit parts of the ID. However, due to other parts of the project, I need a sequencing run agnostic denoiser, aka deblur. I'm getting an error from deblur warning that you can't include characters with underscores.

...Okay, so I need to update my ids.
Can I do this on an artifact I have, or do I need to re-import my data via an updated manifest?

Thanks,
Justine

3 Likes

Hi @jwdebelius!

In my experience, this can be done both ways - but it might be slightly easier to just re-import your data with an updated manifest. Modifying your existing artifact would look something like this:

1. Unzip the .qza file
  2. Modify the subsequent files within the unzipped .qza directory that include your IDs (so the file(s) within the data folder)
  3. Re-zip the directory and save as a .qza file

I've done this before when playing around with test data - and it's doable, but a bit more tedious than just re-importing with your updated manifest file.

Hope this helps! Cheers :lizard:

2 Likes

So, I think then maybe I'll add this to my list of things to try and do and maybe open an issue on GitHub

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.