Qiime2 2022.8 Installation error

Hello,

I have been using Qiime2 for several years and am typically able to routinely update as new versions come out. However, with the qiime2 2022.8 release here , I get a slew of the found conflicts error below:

eicc:[~] % conda env create -n qiime2-2022.8 --file qiime2-2022.8-py38-linux-conda.yml
Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): done                 
Solving environment: | 
Found conflicts! Looking for incompatible packages.
This can take several minutes.  Press CTRL-C to abort.
- failed

CondaError: KeyboardInterrupt

I interrupted it this time because it will do this, search for a few hours, then crash because several packages are incompatible and return to the terminal. I have had this issue a couple of times with past updates, and sometimes it magically works.

I am attempting to install via conda. I have done conda update conda as well.

I am on a shared HPC environment running CentOS7 with no problems running qiime2 versions as far back as 2018, including recently using 2022.2.

Thank you in advance

Hi @rarthur,

Welcome to the :qiime2: forum!

Thanks for providing those details. I suspect this intermittent error is due to the HPC initialized PATH being prioritized over conda's - which will cause conflicts anytime there are overlapping package versions that don't match. If this keeps happening, I'd recommend reaching out to your sysadmin and asking them for assistance modifying the HPC PATH to prevent conflicts with the required builds/versions that are included with QIIME 2 when creating a new conda environment.

Hope this helps!
Cheers :lizard: