Qiime quality-filter - Deblur

Hi,
I tried to do the first step for the deblur - quality-filter:

qiime quality-filter q-score --i-demux ok70_demux.qza --o-filtered-sequences demux-filtered.qza --o-filter-stats demux-filter-stats.qza

and i got this error message:

Plugin error from quality-filter:

Argument to parameter ‘demux’ is not a subtype of SampleData[SequencesWithQuality].

Debug info has been saved to /tmp/qiime2-q2cli-err-3q4h9b_g.log

what an I doing wrong…?

Hi @Adi,

Do you know how you created that qza? Are you sure it’s a SampleData[SequencesWithQuality]? If you are not sure you can check via qiime tools peek ok70_demux.qza.

Best,

Thanks alot!

I tried to do it on [PairedEndSequencesWithQuality] :-\

Best,

Hi @Adi, can you please provide the full output when running the peek command suggested above? Thanks!

UUID: adf7ca91-48f7-418c-bd01-425d8bf32ad5
Type: SampleData[PairedEndSequencesWithQuality]
Data format: SingleLanePerSamplePairedEndFastqDirFmt

Hey @Adi,

The issue here is q2-quality-filter and q2-deblur cannot use paired-end data unless it has already been merged/joined. If you look at our pending release notes for the upcoming 2017.11 release, you’ll see that we’re adding support for joining your paired-end data. So you should have some options available soon!

1 Like

The QIIME 2 2017.11 release has expanded support for analyzing paired end reads! See the paired end reads community tutorial for more details. :tada:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.