qiime itsxpress File too small

Hi everyone!

I have recently been getting back into some research and was attempting itsxpress again. It had previously given me the "File too small" error message when doing trim-single reads, and I decided to return to it later. Now, I've tried trim-pair-output-unmerged (despite having SampleData[SequencesWithQuality]) and standalone itsxpress to no avail: both tell me that my file is too small. I've followed what others have done in this forum and it hasn't worked.

I've done successful work on these files in the past. I've managed to create a list of taxonomy from UNITE databases with these same files, so I know they're usable. If anyone could give me some insight into the back-end workings of this process, that would be great! Context here can go a long way. Any insight at all is appreciated! :smiley:

Katherine Benjamin

1 Like

I am not entirely clear on what is going on, but here is a link to a discussion about an issue that sounds like yours on the plugin's repository. It does look like the issue is bigger than an error on your part. Would you be willing to send me the data you are using, a screenshot showing how you have your files on disk, plus copy and paste the commands you have run up to this point, and the results of running conda list and qiime info from inside your activated environment? It looks like the original developers have not been able to replicate this in a way that has allowed them to resolve this issue yet, but I am able to replicate it with your data, it will move us that much closer to fixing this for everyone! :grinning: