QIIME 2021.4 scikit version not matching with 2021.4 silva database help please

I have updated my version of qiime2 to the latest (2021.4) and have downloaded the latest version of the Silva database (Silva 138 99% OTUs full-length sequences (MD5: b8609f23e9b17bd4a1321a8971303310)) from here Data resources — QIIME 2 2021.4.0 documentation. Unfortunately, it seems like they are not compatible as I get the following error:

The scikit-learn version (0.24.1) used to generate this artifact does not match the current version of scikit-learn installed (0.24.2). Please retrain your classifier for your current deployment to prevent data-corruption errors.

I would really appreciate some help here please :slightly_smiling_face:. Thank you in advance for you time.

1 Like

@SandraIV,

It looks like somehow you have gotten scikit-learn 0.24.2 installed in the environment that you are running QIIME 2 in. If we can get your environment sorted out, we should be able to get this working for you. With that as the aim, I have a few questions about your installation.

How did you update to QIIME 2 2021.4? If it was with the recommended installation in a new conda environment, do you have the correct environment activated? If you followed the instructions here it should be qiime2-2021.4. Did you manually install anything inside of this environment? Could you run conda list and post the results here?

Hopefully we can get this running for you soon!

1 Like

Thank you Keegan,

Regarding how I updated QIIME 2 2021.4, I was following the recommended installation in the link and I know I have the correct environment activated. I can't remember having installed anything manually. I have attached the list. Conda_Environment.txt (32.4 KB)

Thanks again,

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

1 Like

@SandraIV,

Looking at your Conda environment, it looks like you do have scikit-learn 0.24.2 installed. Based on what you have said and looking at your environment, it is not possible to tell why this got installed. At this point you should try reinstalling QIIME 2 from scratch in a new environment. Start by uninstalling your old one completely. Deactivate the environment: conda deactivate. Then completely remove your old environment via: conda remove -n qiime2-2021.4 --all. After that run conda update conda and finally copy-paste the Conda install instructions again from here, being sure to select the appropriate platform.

I ran an install this morning on macOS that got the correct version installed, so it looks like something got mixed up on your machine during your previous install. A fresh install usually fixes it. Once you get QIIME 2 installed, go ahead and run your analysis up to this point before doing anything else, so that if this issue comes up again it is not from the installation of some other tool.

1 Like

It worked now! Thank you very much

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.