QIIME 2 Failed Diversity Rule with Test Data (M2 Mac)

Hello!

I am a first time user and have installed QIIME 2 on my M2 Mac. Unfortunately, when I go to run the test data (Unfiltered Mode- Diversity Rule) I receive an error on step 7.

Plugin error from diversity:

Command '['faithpd', '-i', '/tmp/qiime2/root/data/a43e7f97-f82f-4c4f-89b6-ea6c03b62d10/data/feature-table.biom', '-t', '/tmp/qiime2/root/data/d2767a36-befc-4b1b-8e0c-d0c32bfc7e89/data/tree.nwk', '-o', '/tmp/q2-AlphaDiversityFormat-3ef5pywh']' died with <Signals.SIGSEGV: 11>.

Debug info has been saved to /tmp/qiime2-q2cli-err-wvvrf748.log
[Mon Oct 23 03:11:20 2023]
Error in rule diversity_alpha_rarefaction:
jobid: 18
input: 02-output-dada2-pe-unfiltered/00-table-repseqs/table.qza, 02-output-dada2-pe-unfiltered/02-alignment-tree/rooted_tree.qza, 00-data/metadata.tsv
output: 02-output-dada2-pe-unfiltered/03-alpha-diversity/alpha_rarefaction.qzv
conda-env: qiime2-2023.5
shell:
qiime diversity alpha-rarefaction --i-table 02-output-dada2-pe-unfiltered/00-table-repseqs/table.qza --i-phylogeny 02-output-dada2-pe-unfiltered/02-alignment-tree/rooted_tree.qza --p-max-depth 500 --p-metrics faith_pd --p-metrics observed_features --p-metrics shannon --p-metrics pielou_e --m-metadata-file 00-data/metadata.tsv --o-visualization 02-output-dada2-pe-unfiltered/03-alpha-diversity/alpha_rarefaction.qzv
(one of the commands exited with non-zero exit code; note that snakemake uses bash strict mode!)

Shutting down, this might take some time.
Exiting because a job execution failed. Look above for error message
Complete log: .snakemake/log/2023-10-23T030831.876571.snakemake.log

I would appreciate any feedback on what might be the error. I am just following the tutorial and am not running personal data at this point as I cannot get this rule to correct. I also followed other threads and installed Rosetta 2, however, this did not change the outcome. Thank you!

Good morning,

Welcome to the forums! :qiime2:

Thank you for posting your full error message. There's a lot of clues here:

Looks like you are running this through a Snakemake workflow. Can you also post a link to that?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.