q2 Longitudinal - help with understanding the output, more precisely, what is the scale

Hello everyone,

I am new here, so I would like to just say first thank you to all the authors for making qiime2 and making it available freely. :slight_smile:
I would be most grateful if someone could help me understand the output of the q2 longitudinal LME model.
I couldn't find any information on what is the scale in the LME model. In the youtube video on q2 longitudinal, the lecturer mentions it should be around 1, and not around 0.
These are 2 models that I ran and that had significant P values, but I am confused about the scale measure and whether this model is valid statistically or not.
A lady who knows way more statistics than I do mentioned I should find somewhere an explanation for this measure, but I am failing to do so.

Can you help with this information or even just comment on the results that I've posted?
Thank you in advance!

Hi @Blanka_Roje,

Welcome to the :qiime2: forum!

The model summary is the output of the statsmodels Linear Mixed Effects model. I think that documentation may address the scale parameter better, although I had trouble finding much about it.

You may want to look more closely at the converged parameter as well.

Best,
Justine

1 Like

Hi Justine,
Thank you for your help! I will check this page to learn more about LME.

Best regards, Blanka

1 Like