No such command demux

I am trying to the part of"Fecal microbiota transplant (FMT) study: an exercise", and I followed the steps.
It showed:

Could someone help me please?

Hi @doudou2047,

I’m wondering maybe it’s the lack of space between summarize and \ .
Could you try running your command again but adding that space, so

qiime demux summarize \
--i-data fmt-tutorial-demux-1.qza \
--o-visualization demux-summary-1.qzv
1 Like

@doudou2047, what do you see when you run qiime info? Can you please copy-and-paste the results here? Thanks!

Thank you

Hi @doudou2047! Somehow you have a severely incomplete installation (you should see a long list of installed plugins). I would suggest you uninstall and try again with a fresh installation:

source deactivate
conda env remove -n qiime2-2018.2

Then, follow the installation instructions again. Keep us posted!

Thank you so much. I still struggled in the installation. Seems even qiime info can not found.

seems done! yeah!
it works!
Thank you so much.

1 Like

however, why denied on mac?
Thank you so much.

Hey there @doudou2047!

It looks like you got your initial problems sorted out - if not, let us know!

Judging from your screenshot, it looks like you are working in the root directory (/) of your computer, which is a protected directory, and normally requires root access in order to write to. So, this isn't a QIIME 2 error (just to clarify), it is a general OS error, letting you know that the file you are downloading doesn't have permission to write itself to the location you are working in. How about you change directories back to your home and try again? Let us know how it goes! :t_rex:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.