my imported taxonomy file only reach to genus,why qiime2 can display to species?

i have imported to qiime2 mothur classified taxonomy file base on silva database, the taxonomy only reach to genus, why qiime2 barplot can display species? qiime2 use self database in this procession?

the command line as following:
qiime tools import --input-path zotus.full_v138.wang.taxonomy --output-path taxonomy.qza --type ‘FeatureData[Taxonomy]’
qiime taxa barplot --i-table feature-table.qza --i-taxonomy taxonomy.qza --m-metadata-file metadata.txt --o-visualization taxa-bar-plots.qzv

Hi @zhumaxim,
Welcome to the forum! :smile:

QIIME 2 uses the taxonomy info as it is and does not modify this in any way. Either species level really is present in your data, or QIIME 2 barplot is assuming there are some species-level classifications and so it is an available level in the barplot visualization (in which case all the species-level annotations should be empty).

Let us know which it is! If you are still unsure, please share the QZV file here and I will take a look.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.