Install error about q2-picrust2==2019.7

Hello guys!
I just installed q2-picrust2==2019.7 plugin with conda but it seems having some error!

conda install q2-picrust2=2019.7 -c conda-forge -c bioconda -c gavinmdouglas -v(in conda envs “qiime2-2019.7”)

Collecting package metadata: …working… done
Solving environment: …working…
The environment is inconsistent, please check the package plan carefully
The following packages are causing the inconsistency:

** - gavinmdouglas/noarch::q2-picrust2==2019.7=py36_0**
done

then the link_precs change to
bioconda::picrust2-2.2.0_b-py_0
and installed a strange package
picrust2 bioconda/noarch::picrust2-2.2.0_b-py_0

the Executing transaction:just stuck at
===> LINKING PACKAGE: bioconda::picrust2-2.2.0_b-py_0 <===
** prefix=/home/u4040/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2019.7**
** source=/home/u4040/miniconda3/pkgs/picrust2-2.2.0_b-py_0**

it seems like a bug.
Does anyone have the same error? Or just me?:expressionless:

1 Like

Hi @sixvable!
I just installed a fresh 19.7 environment and q2-picrust2 installed successfully on LinuxMint 19.2, after hiccuping a bit:

Collecting package metadata (current_repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.
Solving environment: failed with repodata from current_repodata.json, will retry with next repodata source.
Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): done
Solving environment: done

First, do you know whether you’re using a current version of conda? This is a shot in the dark, but they’ve made a number of changes to their environment solver in the last year, and a current version might help here?
conda update -n base -c defaults conda should get you up to speed.

Second, is your qiime2 environment fresh, or has it been modified, for example, with other plugin installs. If there’s something funky floating around in there that doesn’t play nicely with q2-picrust2, you might have inconsistent environment issues. Installing q2-picrust2 in a fresh environment will tell you for sure whether that’s the issue.

If those ideas don’t help, please let us know what OS you are using. That might help @gmdouglas or other forum users pinpoint the issue.

Good luck!
CK

3 Likes