Importing Datasets

Hello Dear All
While I am new to Qiime 2, infact a beginner.
I have fasta file data sets with three samples, the data is already demultiplexed.
Please let me know how to import this data and how to combine these sequenes ( while in qiime 1 we were having a command add_qiime_labels).
how to do it here

Hi @divyaprince321,

There is no equivalent action in QIIME 2. Based on your description of the data, it sounds like some pre-processing (including demultiplexing) has already been done and the data are now in a format that would be difficult to use in QIIME 2 (e.g., all denoising methods in QIIME 2 use fastq data). My recommendation is to either:

1. use OTU clustering or denoising methods outside of QIIME 2, and import as a feature table. E.g., it sounds like you are using a qiime1 workflow currently — you could continue to use qiime1 for clustering etc, then import the OTU table to QIIME 2. See the importing tutorials at qiime2.org for details on importing a biom-format OTU table into QIIME 2.
  2. import the fastq data into QIIME 2 and perform the analysis from the beginning in QIIME 2. See the importing tutorials at qiime2.org to figure out the importing strategy that is most appropriate for your data.

Good luck!

1 Like

Thank for your Concerns
Does it mean that in QIIME 2 only fastq files are processed for downstream analysis

Not at all. But the denoising methods used in QIIME 2 do require fastq. You can import other data types, e.g., a biom table, but fasta formats are only used for sequences post-denoising.

A post was split to a new topic: error when running ‘biom convert’

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.