Importing Data on QIIME2 -barcode file not recognized

Hello,

Super new to QIIME2 and would appreciate suggestions on my current issue. I'm trying to import my data and convert the files into qza format. However, when I run the code I receive an error stating that the barcode file cannot be recognized. (Please see screenshot #1) I'm using the same code as in QIIME2 tutorial guide and stored my files (forward.fastq.gz, reverse.fastq.gz, and barcode.fastq) in a folder named "emp-paired-end-sequences".

Since I used QIIME1 to extract the barcodes, I thought that the error may be due to a format issue. However, on the tutorial website, the barcode file has a similar format as mine (please see screenshot #2). I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar issue and has found a way to fix the error? Any suggestions and/or explanations would be appreciate

Figured it out! I used the wrong "type" I used EMPPairedEndSequences and zipped the barcode file and it worked :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Ksalg, I am glad you got it working, let us know if you need anything else!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.