Heatmaps- Plugin error from feature-table:

Hello, I have some Qiime 2 experience but im really struggling with this.
Im trying to create a heatmap of my data.
This is the command im using:

qiime feature-table heatmap --i-table ep-filtered-table.qza --m-feature-metadata-file metadata.endcliffe.park.txt --m-feature-metadata-column date --m-sample-metadata-file metadata.endcliffe.park.txt --m-sample-metadata-column sample-type --o-visualization ep-trial-heatmap.qzv

ep-filtered-table.qza (534.7 KB)

metadata.endcliffe.park.txt (791 Bytes)

Now i dont think ive got the column options correct but i just wanted to create a basic heatmap to start.

I keep getting the same error message 'plugin error from feature table The following IDs are not present in the metadata:
and then all sample ID's seem to be listed, but not in the format i have them, i just have a load of numbers and letters. Ill attach a screenshot.

Ive checked my metadata files and summarized feature table to check that and all the IDs seem to be there and match. Using Qiime 2 isnt something that comes easy to me so apologies if i haven't posted correctly but any help at all is appreciated.

Hi @sophscutt,

Welcome to the :qiime2: forum!

Thanks for sharing those files, that's certainly helpful!

The metadata file that you shared doesn't include any of the IDs listed in the screenshot that you provided. Are you referencing a different metadata file where you're seeing these IDs listed? You'll need to make sure that all of the IDs present in the feature table you're providing are also included in the associated metadata file. If you have multiple metadata files, you'll need to consolidate them - you can use qiime metadata merge to achieve this (but you'll only be able to combine two files per command). I hope this helps! Please feel free to follow up if you have any additional questions, or need clarification on anything.

Cheers :lizard:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.