Follow up to - Demux summarize error: Plugin error from demux- 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'strip'

Hi,
I have the same problem as already describes in this thread - Demux summarize error: Plugin error from demux- 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'strip'.
I checked to see that I did have one too many or too few sequences after looking at the divisibility of total number of sequences by 4.
I have 300 fastq.gz files and I may not be able to investigate one by one. Is there a solution to summarize my demux.qza file ?
Also, I am using dada2 to perform sequence variants. So far it is running okay. Should I expect any errors ?

Thanks,
Raghavee

Hey there @venkar!

Fortunately QIIME 2 can do this for you!

qiime tools validate demux.qza

If you can run that command on the Artifact in question and provide the results here, that will be a great start! Thanks! :qiime2: :t_rex:

2 Likes

Perfect. I had only one sample that did not have the right number of lines, Hence I discarded that. I ran dada2 and it completed without any error after removing the offending sample.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.