Error in q2 diversity plugin: missing file(s) for DistanceMatrixDirectoryFormat

Hi! Beginner Qiime user here.

I'm trying to run some diversity analyses for the first time and am following the moving pictures tutorial with the (very large) dataset I'm working on. When I was running the "diversity core-metrics-phylogenetic" command, I got the following error message:

Plugin error from diversity:

Missing one or more files for DistanceMatrixDirectoryFormat: 'distance-matrix.tsv'

Debug info has been saved to /var/folders/31/v4yw1h5d5rz0fmzp86gmpm1h0000gp/T/qiime2-q2cli-err-69bhwhx2.log

Here's the debug info file. (Converted from .log to .txt so I can upload it)
qiime2-q2cli-err-69bhwhx2.txt (2.9 KB)

For reference, here's the command I'm running. As far as I can tell, the input files don't seem to be the problem and the sampling depth of 5002 was determined using the alpha rarefaction tables as suggested elsewhere on the forum.

qiime diversity core-metrics-phylogenetic \
  --i-phylogeny /users/ChenJo/querying_redbiom/Actual_Data/tree/rooted-tree.qza \
  --i-table /users/ChenJo/querying_redbiom/Actual_Data/feature-table-AGP.qza \
  --p-sampling-depth 5002 \
  --m-metadata-file /users/ChenJo/querying_redbiom/Actual_Data/AGP-metadata.tsv \
  --output-dir core-metrics-results

My version is Qiime2-2022.2 and it was installed using miniconda on Mac terminal. I didn't run the command with --verbose at first, but am trying to do so now. Unfortunately, last time it took several days to run on my laptop so it might be several more days until I'm able to past the results of running it with --verbose.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I tried it again after re-installing qiime2, and for some reason it worked now! Not sure why, so if y'all have any ideas that would be great. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.