Error during demultiplexing

Error during demultiplexing

With qiime2-2019.10, I followed the tutorial (moving-pictures) and got the error message in very early step.

After I downloaded all the materials (files), import was successfully generate qza file.
However, I tried to demultiplexing using demux, I got the error message below.

There was an issue with loading the file sample-metadata.tsv as metadata:

Found unrecognized ID column name 'html,body {height:100%; margin:0; padding:0;}' while searching for header. The first column name in the header defines the ID column, and must be one of these values:

Case-insensitive: 'feature id', 'feature-id', 'featureid', 'id', 'sample id', 'sample-id', 'sampleid'

Case-sensitive: '#OTU ID', '#OTUID', '#Sample ID', '#SampleID', 'sample_name'

There may be more errors present in the metadata file. To get a full report, sample/feature metadata files can be validated with Keemei: https://keemei.qiime2.org

Find details on QIIME 2 metadata requirements here: Metadata in QIIME 2 — QIIME 2 2019.10.0 documentation

What I don't understand is I used the metadata (sample-metadata.tsv) from qiime server provided, why metadata showed some issue?

I checked metadata by keemei, it said no issues.

Any help will be welcomed.

Thanks!

Hi @junkim83,
Are you sure you are using the right file? The error output looks to me like you may have saved an .html file by accident and not your actual metadata file. If you try to open your metadata file using a text editor, does it look like your metadata file at all? If so, would you be able to share that with us, or DM it if you rather keep it private).

1 Like

I figured it out myself. I don’t know why but…

When I downloaded sample-metadata by wget on ubuntu using my institutional internet connection, it did not contains any meta data but only html styled words but I downloaded sample-data by wget on ubuntu by my mobile hotspot, it contains meta-data.

I exactly used same command based on internet connections, but it showed different result.

I have no idea, why this was happened.

Thanks anyway!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.