CZI-CABANA Workshop discussion thread

Hi @thermokarst!
I have a question, is it necessary, for online viewers, to follow the workshop livestream, or will the lectures be accessible after? I don’t know if I will be able to follow them live due to my timetable…
Thank you in advanced :slight_smile:

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any available spot from people who registered before but there can not attend. I really need to attend this workshop.

Thank you so much!
Zahra Barandouzi

Hello,

If you would like we can arrange to manage the situation. I will pay you and have your spot. I am not sure this is the possibility, but I really need to attend this workshop.

Thank you for help,
Zahra

I wasn’t able to register the workshop. I will “attend” the workshop with the free viewing option. It will be my first time to take a live quiime2 course.

Please send us a link for live youtube viewing.

Many thanks!
Ying

Hello,
I am one of the lucky ones who managed to buy tickets for the workshop. I wanted to ask if it is confirmed that it is not necessary to install qiime2 in my personal computer. As a registered user, will you give me the possibility to access a server with all the software already installed?
Thanks for your great support,
Marco.

That's correct. Please see Microbiome Bioinformatics with QIIME 2 - Online! for details.

Please see this reply regarding the YouTube link to the live stream.

Thanks for the reply!
so if we connect to the server via ssh we can use for example vscode (with the right extension) to have a graphical interface that can help?
sounds great!

Hi @Marco_Cappellato - please review the link that @andrewsanchez - we have a preferred SSH client that we recommend you set up.

As for VSCode, I’m not sure how that SSH extension works, but if it requires you to install something server-side, you won’t be able to do that on our cluster.

Hi @thermokarst and @andrewsanchez,
Thank you very much for your information. I had already set up the Secure Shell. VS code extension is “Remote - SSH” I have already used it and it does not require server side installation. Of course, I’ll use your suggested shell.
I apologize for the obvious questions.
Have a nice day!

@thermokarst Dear Matthew,

I really appreciate for workshop organizers. Indeed, I really like to attend the workshop but the tickets have been sold out and I could not register. Luckily, you will provide the live streaming on youtube. However, I cannot get the pre-recorded material (only be available to General Admission and CABANA attendees). I am wondering how can I get that material. If it is possible, I can even pay money for getting that material.

Best regards,

Tinh Nguyen

1 Like

Hi guys, so the course starting on Monday will be broadcasted on Monday. I will be using a HPC computer is there anything I should take into account? Sorry if this question sounds silly,
this is my very first time dong this :slight_smile: I’m so excited to learn how to use QIIME2.

Hello.
I recieved an email from CABANA today (02.10.2020), saying that I was not selected to attend the workshop. Due to the tickets are sold out, I have only the option to attend the live stream workshop, but I cannot get the recordings afterwards. I am wondering if it is possible to buy this material.

Thanks!

Susana

Hi,
I bought a ticket for the workshop with the first batch of tickets available. I follow the instructions to be ready for the next Monday, but I was wondering if I should have received an email by now with the info regarding to the workshop??

Thanks,

Jesus

Hi @Jesus_Miguens_Blanco - we sent our last email about this September 29th - we will likely send out some more information in the next 24 hrs, but that is just an estimate. If you have followed the instructions we have previously shared, then you are all set for the workshop. See you soon.

Hi @Tintin - the pre-recorded material is only available for GA and CABANA attendees, we are working on preparing more online content, please watch this forum for announcements.

1 Like

Hi @NatC!

If you are a GA or CABANA attendee, you will be using our cluster. If you are following along on your own, then nothing else to prepare. Thanks!

Hi @snieva - the pre-recorded material is only available for GA and CABANA attendees, we are working on preparing more online content, please watch this forum for announcements.

hi @thermokarst, unfortunately, i didn’t register for the cabana program due to some technical issues. but thanks to QIIME technical team who provided the free live streaming for those who not able to register for this great program. could you please send me the YouTube live steaming link?

Hi @thermokarst thanks for your reply. I am a bit confused, as I couldn’t grab myself a paid place I won’t be able to interact with the group, isn’ it? So I will basically will have to watch the videos and try to run the pipelines on my own?
Are you guys planning to run the course again any time soon?

Hello @thermokarst - I was just inquiring when the link to the Youtube live stream will be made available to those who missed out on the GA. I understand the workshop will be starting a few hours from now. Thanks