CZI-CABANA Workshop discussion thread

In an effort to cut down on email notifications, shifting any community discussion from CZI-CABANA Microbiome Bioinformatics with QIIME 2 Workshop (our first-ever online QIIME 2 workshop!) to this thread. Ask away!

1 Like

Thank you @thermokarst for the update,

I believe there will be a specific link from tomorrow for “general admission ticket sales” for each day. I couldn’t find that link, sorry if i missed it or will the sales link appear every day at the time of sales?

Hi @khemlalnirmalkar!

Even better, it is the same sales link every day:

https://workshops.qiime2.org/microbiome-bioinformatics-qiime-2-online-2020-10-0/

When sales are live there will be a form at the bottom of the page for you to submit your request. Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Okay, Perfect,
Thank you @thermokarst,

Hello,
I am in Seoul and currently, I am following to find the link for the registration. According to the time indicated in your post, the registration is supposed to be starting from 5 AM on 16th September in Seoul time. However, I was unable to find a link to proceed with registration. Kindly help me to find the registration link. Thanks in advance!
Madhawa

1 Like

Hi @mneranjan31!

Close! I think you have the right time, but the wrong date - the ticket sale is on the 16th UTC -8, which means it'll be on the 17th for you.

When tickets are available you will be able to purchase here: QIIME 2: CZI-CABANA Microbiome Bioinformatics with QIIME 2 Workshop (sold out)

1 Like

Hi @thermokarst!
Thank you so much for your prompt reply and I will keep the time on 17th at 5 AM for the registration. Thank you for sending me the registration link as well.!
Madhawa

1 Like

Hi Matthew,

Can you please share more details concerning the workshop vs free viewing.

I am considering the free viewing option since the workshop will be late at night for my time zone and I was thinking that maybe I will be too tired and slow the group down if I will register for the online workshop. Plus, I am a newby in Qiime and Linux and I don’t want to be a pain in the *** for everyone.

Thx.

1 Like

Hello, I have a quick question. Do the ones whose request for subsidizing has been accepted, also have to register here? Or will there be a separate email sent to us, as mentioned in the confirmation for subsidy?

1 Like

Hello!

We will live-stream the workshop on YouTube - viewers will be able to watch along on their own. We will post the live-stream link just prior to the start of the workshop. The stream will not be available after the workshop has concluded (we are working on developing a long-term solution for ad-hoc video resources, though).

Hello!

Individuals who requested a purchasing power discount received an email with a separate link for registration.
:qiime2:

Hi @thermokarst!

Can I purchase it at any given time?

• Wednesday, 9/16: 12:00 pm, UTC -8 ( Tomorrow 1:30 AM )
  • Thursday, 9/17: 12:00 pm, UTC -4 ( Tomorrow 9:30 PM )
  • Friday, 9/18: 12:00 pm, UTC ( Friday at 5:30 PM )
  • Saturday, 9/19: 12:00 pm, UTC +3 ( September 19, 2020 2:30 PM )
  • Sunday, 9/20: 12:00 pm, UTC +6 ( September 20, 2020 11:30 AM )
  • Monday, 9/21: 12:00 pm, UTC +9 ( September 21, 2020 8:30 AM )
  • Tuesday, 9/22: 12:00 pm, UTC +12 (September 22, 2020 5:30 AM )

Thank you

1 Like

Hi @MSrinivasan! Tickets will be made available at each of those times - we anticipate they will sell out quickly, so hopefully if you miss one window, you'll get lucky on the next one.

:qiime2:

1 Like

is the link live now or is it already sold out? I don’t see any links for general registration here.
https://workshops.qiime2.org/microbiome-bioinformatics-qiime-2-online-2020-10-0/

4 Likes

Hello,

I can not see any registration link on the website: https://workshops.qiime2.org/microbiome-bioinformatics-qiime-2-online-2020-10-0/

Please let me know the registration link.

Thank you,
Zahra

7 Likes

Hello @thermokarst ,
I am at Phoenix, USA and according to registration information here,
The registration ticket sale should start at 1 PM. Now i can’t find the registration form link or info.

Please can you help me on this,

Thanks

9 Likes

Just another person chiming in to say I’ve been trying to register since the window opened 23 minutes ago, but the registration form has yet to appear.

5 Likes

Hi @thermokarst

I haven’t found any link for registration yet? As you said, it was supposed to available now.

3 Likes

we all waiting for his reply

6 Likes

Hi there,

Just wondering did the registration started? I am in CA, USA and it is 1:24pm.

3 Likes