CZI-CABANA Workshop discussion thread

Hi @thermokarst,

Understand that tickets have been sold out, and you will launch a free livestream. Two questions come out for people failed to register.

1. Where will you post the live youtube link?

2. For those staying in the Asian region and failed to register, previously we can register and watch pre-recorded lectures. Attending the full live workshop is too difficult as the workshop starts at night for us. Any solutions for this? Actually I don’t mind to purchase the video course.

Best regards,
Claire

1 Like

Hello!

I need a bill for the payment of the course. Who should I contact?

Thanks!

Very disappointing. Are you thinking of organizing a second workshop in the near future? Obviously, there seems to be a very high demand :slight_smile:

Hello,

I really need to learn how to anlayise microbiome data using QIIME 2. I was wondering if there is any spot to register. This workshop is held in a good time and great cost. Please let me know!

Thanks,
Zahra

@Arslan_Tariq:

Yes, the materials necessary to follow along will be made available.

@Claire010:

In a few places:

We are offering two more online workshops in the next few months, check workshops.qiime2.org for more information.

@laumome:

I was cced on the email with your receipt, I will forward it to you again.

@Rene_Snajder:

There is one scheduled for November, and another for early January, more details here: workshops.qiime2.org

@Barandouzi:

Unfortunately there are no more general admission seats available. If you are from Latin America, you may register using the following URL: https://www.ebi.ac.uk/training/events/2020/czi-cabana-joint-workshop-microbiome-bioinformatics-qiime-2. As well, free live-stream viewing will be available to all.

:qiime2:

Hi, I would like to ask if we viewers from free viewing setup will have a chance to have a questions during the workshop? :slight_smile: perhaps in platforms such as slack? Many thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi Thermokarst,
Thank you for your information.! I am so glad that I was able to register for the workshop. I am wondering how do you update the attendees with the information about the upcoming workshop?

Thanks in advance!
Madhawa

Hi @acmaguila, viewers following along with the livestream are welcome to ask questions here on the QIIME 2 Forum, but they will not have direct access to the instructors during the workshop.

We will send emails soon with more details, please watch your inbox for the account you registered for the workshop with.

2 Likes

Hi, @thermokarst,
Thank you so much for your information.!
Madhawa

Hi, @thermokarst,
I am registered for the Workshop, but have had an unexpected personal matter come up requiring travel etc. Will the course offerings be available to registered attendees at a later date…there is no way for me to attend the daily sessions form the 5th to the 9th at the moment. thanks

I could not register this workshop but I will follow the livestream on YouTube.
Thank you for your information.

Hi @thermokarst!
I have a question, is it necessary, for online viewers, to follow the workshop livestream, or will the lectures be accessible after? I don’t know if I will be able to follow them live due to my timetable…
Thank you in advanced :slight_smile:

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any available spot from people who registered before but there can not attend. I really need to attend this workshop.

Thank you so much!
Zahra Barandouzi

Hello,

If you would like we can arrange to manage the situation. I will pay you and have your spot. I am not sure this is the possibility, but I really need to attend this workshop.

Thank you for help,
Zahra

I wasn’t able to register the workshop. I will “attend” the workshop with the free viewing option. It will be my first time to take a live quiime2 course.

Please send us a link for live youtube viewing.

Many thanks!
Ying