CZI-CABANA Workshop discussion thread

Hi I also didnt receive any email before yesterday with a separate link. The URL I received was adressed to the main page registration with any discount code

Hi @Natali_Hernandez!

You will be able to ask questions here on the QIIME 2 Forum!

Hi @eeg123!

We sent discount-code URLs to all of the individuals who requested one. I’m sorry if your email got lost in there somehow :frowning:

Hi @Fernanda_Jamel!

I sent you a link with the discount code yesterday (I just double-checked my email) — the URL included the discount code in it (as explained in the email). If you opened the discount URL after the tickets sold out then you wouldn’t see a discount applied, because no more tickets were available.

Sorry for any issues this may have caused. Please see my post above for more details.

I also checked my email and the URL was sent on September 16th. In the first email that I received (August 12nd) it was informed that the ticket discount would be sent no later than September 15th. I’m very disappointed with that… I hope in the future these issues won’t happen again

Hi @Fernanda_Jamel, we shared a status update on September 15th to let people know that we were postponing everything by one day (this included the email with the discount code). I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you, but please keep in mind, you are still invited to participate! We still have scholarships available through the CABANA program (for participants from Latin America), as well as a free livestream option. Please see my post above for more details. As well, there are more online workshops listed right now at https://workshops.qiime2.org/, and, we are planning more for 2021. Thanks! :qiime2:

Will you provide lecture material, including slides and tutorial material for youtube streamers who are unable to purchase ticket due to this issue?

2 Likes

Hi @thermokarst,

Understand that tickets have been sold out, and you will launch a free livestream. Two questions come out for people failed to register.

1. Where will you post the live youtube link?

2. For those staying in the Asian region and failed to register, previously we can register and watch pre-recorded lectures. Attending the full live workshop is too difficult as the workshop starts at night for us. Any solutions for this? Actually I don’t mind to purchase the video course.

Best regards,
Claire

1 Like

Hello!

I need a bill for the payment of the course. Who should I contact?

Thanks!

Very disappointing. Are you thinking of organizing a second workshop in the near future? Obviously, there seems to be a very high demand :slight_smile:

Hello,

I really need to learn how to anlayise microbiome data using QIIME 2. I was wondering if there is any spot to register. This workshop is held in a good time and great cost. Please let me know!

Thanks,
Zahra

@Arslan_Tariq:

Yes, the materials necessary to follow along will be made available.

@Claire010:

In a few places:

We are offering two more online workshops in the next few months, check workshops.qiime2.org for more information.

@laumome:

I was cced on the email with your receipt, I will forward it to you again.

@Rene_Snajder:

There is one scheduled for November, and another for early January, more details here: workshops.qiime2.org

@Barandouzi:

Unfortunately there are no more general admission seats available. If you are from Latin America, you may register using the following URL: https://www.ebi.ac.uk/training/events/2020/czi-cabana-joint-workshop-microbiome-bioinformatics-qiime-2. As well, free live-stream viewing will be available to all.

:qiime2:

Hi, I would like to ask if we viewers from free viewing setup will have a chance to have a questions during the workshop? :slight_smile: perhaps in platforms such as slack? Many thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi Thermokarst,
Thank you for your information.! I am so glad that I was able to register for the workshop. I am wondering how do you update the attendees with the information about the upcoming workshop?

Thanks in advance!
Madhawa

Hi @acmaguila, viewers following along with the livestream are welcome to ask questions here on the QIIME 2 Forum, but they will not have direct access to the instructors during the workshop.

We will send emails soon with more details, please watch your inbox for the account you registered for the workshop with.

2 Likes