CZI-CABANA Workshop discussion thread

Hi @the_dummy - we aren't planning on enabling chat on the YouTube streams, because we already have a great chat option, right here on the forum! Questions and support requests are always welcome here on the QIIME 2 Forum.

:qiime2:

3 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Youtube workshop stream “video restricted” error

Can you please provide a workshop practice data download link for online viewers, such as PD mice sample metadata?

https://docs.qiime2.org/2020.8/tutorials/pd-mice/

1 Like

Will these videos and slides be available following the workshop as well? Or is there a way to access it?

1 Like

@Lamyaa, the livestream video will only be available during the workshop, but the slide deck (which is already available) will be available ongoing.

Wonderful workshop!!! Thanks ! I wonder if there is link to download the slides? Can we download file in format of pdf or others?

2 Likes

Hello @Kevin,
It does not seem that you can download the slides, but they will be here for future reference!

2 Likes

As an youtube viewer, don’e we have any scope to hand on practice?

Hello,

What is the password when we are in Secure shell app.

Thanks!

@mshahin, we are unfortunately not able to offer server access to “free tier” youtube-only participants. All of the commands we are running will work exactly the same way on any installation of QIIME 2 2020.8, though!

Feel free to install on your local computer and follow along!

@Barandouzi, passwords were sent to paid tier workshop participants via Slack direct message. Check slack if you’re one of those participants. If you’re not, a local installation of QIIME 2 2020.8 should work just as well. :smile:

1 Like

Hi,

I think enabling the chat on Youtube is a great idea! Will promote discussion among the ones following the streaming and make it easier to ask questions and help each other.

Cheers,
Natali

@Natali_Hernandez, see this post above.

1 Like

Apologies if this is a duplicate question but is there a detailed programme for the course? I am connecting via the youtube channel and it would be great to know when the sessions that are of most interest for me are scheduled. Thank you!!!

@mpunta, there's a link to the schedule here:

Please note: The schedule is very approximate! In the interest of providing a smooth experience to all participants, individual session start times may be shifted forward or back. Generally, though, we should start and end the day's workshop on time.

3 Likes

Hi Chris,

Is it possible to ask questions to the speakers through the forum?
Where should I write them?

Thanks. Juan DC

Same situation is here!

@farhad1990, I haven’t tried this before, but I think you can just visit the livestream URL during off hours. Let me know if that doesn’t work for you. :slight_smile:

@ju4n_dc, because we have limited instructor bandwidth, we’re focusing primarily on questions from Slack during the workshop. Please feel free to post questions here on the forum, though, and we’ll do our best to answer them or pass them along. Thanks for asking!

2 Likes