Alpha Rarefaction Feedback

I tried the diversity-alpha-rarefaction function, and it worked fine only the image generated could not be downloaded. Additionally, when I passed the metadata file in the command line, the rarefaction curves were collapsed automatically without showing variations for each subsampling point on the image generated and the option for showing individual rarefaction curve was gone. To me, I prefer to show individual rarefaction curve with different colors standing for different experimental conditions. Anyway, this can be done by the users themselves by downloading the CSV files.

1 Like

Hi @yanxianl! Thanks for getting in touch with these suggestions for improving alpha-rarefaction. I had some similar thoughts that are being tracked in an open issue – I included your suggestions there as well, and we hope to support some or all of them in future QIIME 2 releases. We’ll follow up here when that happens!

1 Like

While we do not yet have individual sample curves which are colored by group, we do now use boxplots to give you some idea of the variation within a group. Check it out in QIIME 2 2018.2!