Alpha diversity significance plot

Hello there!

I have been following the "Moving Pictures" tutorial to run my 16S analyzes.
However, when I ran the following command to analyze alpha diversity...

qiime diversity alpha-group-significance --i-alpha-diversity core-metrics-results/faith_pd_vector.qza --m-metadata-file sample-metadata.tsv --o-visualization core-metrics-results/faith-pd-group-significance.qzv

... I have gotten the following error:
The following categorical metadata columns have been omitted because the number of groups was equal to the number of samples, there was only a single group, or the column consisted only of missing data: sample

This is my sample metadata file: sample-metadata - Google Sheets. I guess the problem is that the number of groups is equal to the number of samples... am I right?

Anyway, I really would like to compare alpha diversity between the different samples! Is there a way to rearrange my sample sheet so I can do that? Or maybe run some analysis on QIIME2 through R...

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Rayana

Hello!

Yeap!

You can perform the analysis between groups of samples since you need replicates. You can not analyse differences between individual samples.

1 Like

Well, not statistically & not inside QIIME2, but individual values could be extracted and presented as a plot, i.e. heatmap.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.