All numbers are identical in kruskal

Hello.
I have searched for the problem on the forum but could not find the solution.
The version of my QIIME2 is 2021.11, installed in conda.
Here is the command I ran:
$ qiime diversity alpha-group-significance --i-alpha-diversity shannon_vector.qza --m-metadata-file ../metadata.txt --o-visualization shannon-group-significance.qzv

The error message is:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/xxx/opt/miniconda3/envs/MetONTIIME_env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/q2cli/commands.py", line 329, in call
results = action(**arguments)
File "", line 2, in alpha_group_significance
File "/Users/xxx/opt/miniconda3/envs/MetONTIIME_env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/action.py", line 245, in bound_callable
outputs = self.callable_executor(scope, callable_args,
File "/Users/xxx/opt/miniconda3/envs/MetONTIIME_env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/action.py", line 453, in callable_executor
ret_val = self._callable(output_dir=temp_dir, **view_args)
File "/Users/xxx/opt/miniconda3/envs/MetONTIIME_env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/q2_diversity/_alpha/_visualizer.py", line 89, in alpha_group_significance
kw_H_all, kw_p_all = scipy.stats.mstats.kruskalwallis(*groups)
File "/Users/xxx/opt/miniconda3/envs/MetONTIIME_env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/scipy/stats/mstats_basic.py", line 1251, in kruskal
raise ValueError('All numbers are identical in kruskal')
ValueError: All numbers are identical in kruskal

This error message "All numbers are identical in kruskal" appears with observed_features_vector.qza and shannon_vector.qza, while faith_pd_vector.qza produces result without an error.

Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hello!
This error was already discussed here.
Looks like you have all identical values for on of the groups you are testing. Please check the link for more details.

Best,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.