After Filter with Negative Controls (Decontam)

Congratulations on Qiime2! You are fantastic!
I’m new to Qiime 2 and I have some problems, can you help me?

I have filtered my negative controls using Decontam in R and I have already imported to Qiime2 my new table_without_contaminants.qza, But I can not generate taxa barplot.
I guess that’s because one of the necessary arguments is taxonomy.qza, and this file I generated before filtering with Decontam. Anyone have any tips?

Also, I’m having trouble knowing the subsequent analysis after filtering with Decontam. Is there a tutorial (that include filter negative controls and next) or any other tips/ideia/suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

All the best,
Manu

You can filter your FeatureData[Sequence] using the table produced by decontam, see this tutorial: https://docs.qiime2.org/2019.1/tutorials/filtering/. Once filtered, you can perform feature classification to generate taxonomy (see Moving Pictures tutorial).

Thank you very much for helping me!
In that case, should I then put the filtered table of Decontam into “–p-include”? Like this?

qiime rate filter-seqs
–i-sequences rep-seqs.qza
–i-taxonomy taxonomy.qza
–p-include table_filtered_decontam.qza
–p-exclude mitochondria, chloroplast
–o-filtered-sequences sequences-filtered_decontam-no-mitochondria-no-chloroplast.qza

Again, thanks a lot!

Not quite:

qiime feature-table filter-seqs \
  --i-sequences rep-seqs.qza \
  --i-table table_filtered_decontam.qza \
  --o-filtered-sequences sequences-filtered_decontam-no-mitochondria-no-chloroplast.qza

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.