Volatility Graph Failing

I've created my longitudinal volatility qzv file using

qiime longitudinal volatility \
    --m-metadata-file merge_no_blank6.tsv \
    --m-metadata-file day_1_to_7_c-section_oral_filtered_features-faith_pd_vector.qza \
    --p-default-metric faith_pd \
    --p-state-column age \
    --p-individual-id-column host_subject_id \
    --o-visualization oral_faith_pd_over_time

but when I put my file in qiime2 view I get this error:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier

I've attached the qzv file made. Thanks!
oral_faith_pd_over_time.qzv (1.2 MB)

1 Like

would you mind sharing your metadata file? and the faith_pd qza? that will help me troubleshoot locally (and you can send these to me via DM if you do not want to post here for all the world to see :floppy_disk: :eyes:)

I suspect your metadata contains some kind of special character that is not illegal in and of itself but it causing the visualizer code to blow a fuse.

Thanks!

Great! I just messaged the files to you. Thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks @Stephanieorch! Thank you for sending along your data to help be diagnose!

You found a nice little bug :butterfly:

Looks like the issue is the apostrophes in your metadata. This is confusing the plotting software and hence the viz gets saved but does only an error appears in the viewer (since that’s when the plots are built).

I have raised an issue to get this solved. In the mean time, just find and replace apostrophes with any other character and everything works beautifully.

Thank you!

Fantastic! Thank you so much for the help.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.