update qiime2 2024.2 version on anaconda

Hi,

QIIME2 had released a new version (V2024.2) in February this year, could you kindly to update the QIIME2 version on the qiime2 :: Anaconda.org website?

Hello and welcome to the forum!

If you want to update qiime2, then just follow the installation instructions. Each version of qiime is independent of other versions. You can have numerous versions of qiime2 in parallel. Also, you can delete any version of qiime2 if not needed anymore as:

conda remove -n qiime2-amplicon-2023.9 --all

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry for my belated reply. Maybe my above request was not clear enough, so let me explain again.

I already used anaconda to install QIIME2, but the QIIME2 2024.2 version upgrade chanel( released) cannot be accessed in my company, so I need to edit the chanel to another mirror(Index of /anaconda/cloud/qiime2/linux-64/ | 清华大学开源软件镜像站 | Tsinghua Open Source Mirror) which is maintened by TUNA team of Tsinghua University. Their mirrors are only kept in sync with anaconda, so I hope you guys will update the QIIME2 version on top of anaconda.

Hi @nn3zjaylxm,

Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately your observation is correct - we did not upload the latest version of QIIME 2 to Anaconda. We've been in the process of updating a lot of our internal infrastructure and this fell off our radar for 2024.2. I will work on getting this uploaded ASAP, and we will plan on resuming our regular release uploads to Anaconda moving forward.

Cheers :lizard: