unable to install QIIME 2 2022.2

Hi! @pkmnsandy I met the same problem with u, how did u solve it?

Hi @linzy35,

I've moved your question to a new topic, as this is most likely a separate issue than what the original post was related to.

Please provide us with the following details so that we can assist you with this:

• Version of QIIME 2 you are running, and how it is installed (e.g. Virtualbox, conda, etc.)
  • What is the exact command or commands you ran? Copy and paste please.
  • What is the exact error message, if applicable? If you didn't run the command with the --verbose flag, please re-run and copy-and-paste the results.

Thanks!

Hi @lizgehret ,
Thanks for helping, here are the details:

1. Version of QIIME 2 you are running, and how it is installed (e.g. Virtualbox, conda, etc.
    The vesion of QIIME 2 I' m trying to install is qiime2-2022.0, which is (or will be) installed under the guidence of this

2. What is the exact command or commands you ran? Copy and paste please.

wget https://data.qiime2.org/distro/core/qiime2-2022.2-py38-linux-conda.yml
conda env create -n qiime2-2022.2 --file qiime2-2022.2-py38-linux-conda.yml

(The second line of the above codes causes an error, detailed as follows)

1. What is the exact error message, if applicable? If you didn't run the command with the --verbose flag, please re-run and copy-and-paste the results.
    This is the error log👇
    nohup.out.txt (3.8 MB)

Thanks for your kindness!

(BTW, those codes below works fine, and I'm now using qiime2-2021.2, it's good)

wget -c https://data.qiime2.org/distro/core/qiime2-2021.2-py36-linux-conda.yml
conda env create -n qiime2-2021.2 --file qiime2-2021.2-py36-linux-conda.yml

Hi @linzy35,

Thanks for providing those details and associated error log - I am glad that 2021.2 is working for you, but you should be able to install the latest version of QIIME 2 without any issues as well.

So just to clarify, are you installing QIIME 2 via conda? And what operating system are you using for all of this (Windows, OSX, Linux)?

Hi @lizgehret,

Sorry for a late reply.

Indeed, I was trying to install QIIME 2 via miniconda3, and the operating system is Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS, on a shared linux server.

Thanks!

Hi @linzy35,

Thanks for providing those details! We just released QIIME 2 2022.8 - can you try installing this version in a new conda environment and let us know if you are successful? If not, please copy/paste the entire output from your terminal in your response. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.