Trying to install QIIME 2 2020.11 on Windows

Hello,
I've got some issues for the installation of qiime2 2020.11.
I've got this error :

(base) PS C:\Users\natho> conda env create -n qiime2-2020.11 --file qiime2-2020.11-py36-linux-conda.yml
Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed

Can you help me please !

1 Like

Hi @nathalie.rengassamy, welcome to :qiime2:!

It looks like you are trying to install into the Windows Command Prompt and not the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL). Follow the instructions to here and let us know if you have any issues

-Mike

Thank you.
That’s what I did but it stil doesn’t work.
I don’t know what to do, i have the same error.

I forgot to link you this thread earlier, sorry about that. Hopefully this will help.

-Mike

It’s okay. I just done all of the differents steps and i still have the same issues.

(base) C:\Users\natho>conda env create -n qiime2-2020.11 --file qiime2-2020.11-py36-linux-conda.yml
Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed

ResolvePackageNotFound:

• perl-business-isbn=3.004
  • dnaio=0.4.4
  • bioconductor-shortread=1.48.0
  • libedit=3.1.20191231
  • unifrac=0.20.1
  • perl-extutils-makemaker=7.36
  • q2-taxa=2020.11.1
  • bioconductor-biostrings=2.58.0

So when I see the C:\ as you have here:

That tells me that you are running through the Windows command prompt and not WSL (i.e. there should be a separate "app" icon for you to launch WSL. In my case I have an icon for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. The thread I linked you above describes this (note the screen-shot of the icons). To clarify, on my Windows 10 setup:

• my Windows 10 Command Prompt looks like:
    • C:\Users\Mike>
  • my WSL prompt looks like:
    • (base) mike@BLUE:~$

That is, it appears that you have installed a Windows 10 version of conda, not the Linux version of conda, which should be installed within WSL Terminal as is outlined in the thread I linked above. Does this make sense?

-Mike

2 Likes

Oh yes thank you I just understand.
I tried and I succed.
Thank you very much for your help.

1 Like

You’re welcome @nathalie.rengassamy! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.