Trouble Summarizing Metadata

thanks it worked and now i try to summerize the output but dont know the problem with visualization
qiime metadata tabulate --m-input-file denoising_stats.qza --o-visulaization denoising_stats
(1/1?) no such option: --o-visulaization Did you mean --o-visualization?
edit: resolved. it was error in typing

1 Like

thanks it worked and I summerized the output

1 Like

Well, are you going to show us or keep us in suspense? :ghost:

1 Like

lol I just finished summerizing the output and was going to post it.
I found the numbers very low and I dont think this is normal so I am thinking to do single end instead of paired.
27%20PM

2 Likes

Ok, this is good, I wanted to see this.

You are losing a lot of sequences @ the merge step.

There is an issue with merging, my thoughts, be a little more strict with your trunc. I personally think that when you lose a lot in the merged you are trying to merge poor quality sequences with each other. Ben

1 Like

Yes and that is why my professor prefers single rather than paired-end. which numbers would be “strict”? I mean which numbers u recommend to trunc? or again, is it better to do single end?
BTW, are you attending the maryland workshop? I plan to go

2 Likes

Use these cutoffs:

forward should be around 200
reverse should be 160-180

edit: These are just a guess, I don’t know what V region you’re amplifying with these samples.

I am not going to the workshop, but you should enjoy it.

edit edit: There are benefits and issues with single read annotation. I would favor paired reads, but I am not sure who your PI is and may know better.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.